Title: Black City (Black City Chronicles #1)
Author: Elizabeth Richards
Publisher: Penguin Books
Expected Published Date: November 13, 2012
Synopsis: In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection, that causes Ash’s long dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong. When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths
About the Author: (Taken from her website): Hiya! I’m Elizabeth Richards, YA author of the BLACK CITY CHRONICLES.
The Red Pen of Doom is just a place for me to let out all the crazy, so I don’t keep harassing my poor suffering friends and family with non-stop shop talk about books, books and more books (seriously, they’ve stopped calling me).
When I’m not making the Internet a more awesome place, I’m in my study working on my latest YA fantasy novel. My agent is the amazing and brilliant Ayesha Pande of Ayesha Pande Literary, and my editor is the wonderful Stacey Barney at Putnam, Penguin.
My debut novel, BLACK CITY, book one of the BLACK CITY CHRONICLES will be out in North America in August 2012.
Some fun facts about me
· I’m an identical twin. (No, we don’t have psychic powers, and yes I am the evil one.)
· I’m a little bit in love with Daniel Radcliffe.
· My favourite book of all time is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
· My second favourite book is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
· My third favourite is Harry…oh, you get the idea. ;-p
· I like stories about supernatural boys, kissing and blood.
· I used to review videogames for a living.
· I was a travel editor, despite suffering from terrible sea-sickness, air-sickness, coach-sickness, car-sickness…
· It’s my dream to see 10 volcanoes before I die. I’ve already seen Stromboli, Vesuvius and Mt Etna. Just 7 more to go!
BTW, all the editing tips on The Red Pen of Doom are just stuff I’ve picked up from my own editing experience, books, writer chums and from those in the industry. Take what you want on board, ignore the rest. The Red Pen of Doom is just here to help.
Thoughts: isn't the cover amazing? I love the story/premise behind it as well so I can't wait to pick up a copy from where ever I might find one. It looks seriously amazing and a really good read (and would be such a pretty cover to put on my shelves.)